Is there anything better than waking up on a Monday and realizing it's a Holiday so you don't actually have to wake up?

And you can smell bacon?
Also maple syrup?

If we all could start every Monday like this, I'd bet we'd have World Peace.
Just saying.


There was lots of goodness this weekend.
BBQs and back deck wine in the GOOD crystal glasses.
Watermelon tastes so much better when eaten while sitting in lawn chairs in the yard so you can spit the seeds at the cat.   (don't worry, he didn't eat any.)

Company and dirty foot prints on my floor because why bother talking your flip flops off when you are going in and right back out?

The water from the hose is freezing cold but kids are going jump into the pool anyway because OMG we finally broke 20 degrees!!

And you know you will carry 4 buckets of steaming hot water from the basement anyway. 

Going flower shopping with my mom and getting into the dirt!    My front porch is now bedecked in beautiful blooms.   (You will see photos in another post.)

Sundresses to church on an already hot Sunday morning, and new tank tops for mommy that show off a toned back she didn't know she had.  (because I can't see back there y'all!)

Even a spontaneous early evening drive into the city because a Left Brain locked his keys in the car again, which turned into a great road trip sing along.
There were Disney tunes - not gonna lie. 

So much goodness.
So much sunshine and music blaring from the kitchen windows over the drone of lawnmowers.
Friends and family and bees buzzing all around.

The only thing I don't have?

Photos.
But trust me, it happened.
I know because I was there.   In the moments.
Just being.

Okay I lie.
I HAD to get shots of my lilac tree that blessed us with it's fragrant aroma and beautiful blossoms Just In Time.



I could not ask for a better kick off to the summer months ahead.

You know the more I do this, the more I re-focus the lens even when I don't have a camera in my hand, the more I discover that most days, are incredibly Good.


“Every day may not be good… 
but there’s one good thing in every day!” 
~Alice Morse Earle

I welcome you to my new project 365 and weekly link up #onegoodthing. My friend Leslie has agreed to help me host the link-up which goes live each Monday (well, actually Sunday night around 11 pm if you want to be exact) and we would love for you to link up and share your #onegoodthing with us and our readers. It can be anything good that day, week, month… a photo, an anecdote, a poem. There are no rules, just goodness and hopefully smiles along the way.

OneGoodThing @ Ink <br>Interrupted